At this time and in line with guidance issued by the Government’s Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), Salford’s NHS COVID-19 Vaccination Service are currently issuing invitations to the following people to come and receive their COVID vaccine:
Click here to be forwarded to the booking site
The NHS COVID-19 App is the simplest way to help protect those we love from coronavirus. It achieves this through six core functions:
• Alert: When users first download the app they will be asked to input the first half of their postcode. This allows them to see the level of risk associated with their area, to help them decide how to manage their interactions
• Symptom checker: If people feel unwell they can use the symptom checker to see if symptoms could be related to coronavirus
• Test: If, based on information from the symptom checker, it appears a user may have coronavirus, they will be taken to a website where they could book a test
• Trace: The app uses low level Bluetooth technology to keep a log of how long users are at close proximity to each other (which is measured based on the strength of the signal). If a person who presented symptoms comes back with a positive test – the app will ask their permission to notify other phones who have been identified as being at close proximity to theirs. Those users will then receive an annonymised exposure alert with advice on what to do next
o Note: The app does not have access to phone contacts or any other personal information held on users’ phones. This includes names. contacts, email addresses or phone numbers
• Check-in: The app allows you to record when you visit a venue by “checking-in” when you arrive, using the venue’s QR code which should be displayed at the enterance
• Isolate: If a user tests positive, they will be given advice on next steps and guidance on self-isolation timelines
Information regarding wearing a face mask
Get an Isolation Note to give to your employer
If you live with someone who has symptoms of Coronavirus, you can get an isolation note to send to your employer as proof you need to stay off work.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO GET A NOTE FROM YOUR GP
If you have symptoms of Coronavirus and need to stay home, use the 111 Coronavirus Service to get an isolation note.
Spirit of Salford Network - providing help in the community
We know that there will be some people who will need help if they self-isolate, from getting groceries, to help with pets, and that's where the Spirit of Salford Network comes in. Salford is full of amazing people who want to support their community in this time of need, but it's important to make sure it is done without putting anyone at risk, and without spreading the virus. We are coordinating with Salford CVS and healthcare professionals to make sure we can safely support people who are self-isolating.
If you want to help or know someone who needs to help, this is the place to let us know. If you would like more information on how to get involved please contact