Minor Ailments Scheme
What is the minor ailments scheme?
The minor ailments scheme is a service for people registered with Sorrel Bank Medical Practice who do not pay NHS prescription charges.
The service allows you quicker and convenient access to advice from your pharmacist for a minor ailment as you would get from your GP.
Where clinically appropriate, over the counter medications will be supplied free of charge, without having to wait for a GP appointment.
Who is the service for?
The service is available to patients who are:
- Entitled to free prescriptions on the NHS
- Registered with Sorrel Bank Medical Practice
- Suffering from a minor illness
Why visit the pharmacy?
- Pharmacists are trained to treat minor ailments
- You will not have to visit your GP for a prescription
- Your GP will be able to spend more time treating patients with more serious illnesses
- This is a confidential and high quality service, designed to meet the needs of patients
- Open until late and at weekends
What minor ailments can be treated under the scheme?
Ì Heartburn and Indigestion
Ì Earache, Pain and Headache
Ì Athletes Foot
Ì Infant Decongestant
Ì Bites, Stings and Allergies
Ì Mouth Ulcers and Teething
Ì Cold and Flu
Ì Nappy Rash
Ì Cold Sores
Ì Oral Thrush
Ì Sore Throat
Ì Sprains and Strains
Ì Dry Skin (Simple Eczema)
Ì Dermatitis/Allergic Rash
Ì Vaginal Thrush
Ì Warts and Verrucae
Which pharmacy can I go to?
Sorrel Bank Pharmacy
23 Bolton Rd
109 Langworthy Rd
291 Bolton Rd
Salford Shopping Centre